To join the Rondout Rowing Club you must:
- Be at least 12 years of age
- Complete the swim test (or have an entity certify your swimming ability).
- Complete a Learn to Row course. You may take it with us (generally held early June) or another qualified organization, currently or in the past.
- View the US Rowing video about rowing safety
- Obtain a Club coach’s signature indicating that the rower has basic capability to row and is familiar with the Club’s safety rules.
- Volunteer 20 hours per season in club activities. Everyone must volunteer or pay an additional $200 surcharge to opt out of volunteer work. A penalty of $10 for each volunteer hour not fulfilled will be charged.
- Register as a member of USRowing. Go to USRowing.org and sign a waiver to our club. Rondout Rowing Club code is MRLHA. You will have to take a quick survey and pay the administrative fee of $9.75.
- Register as a member of the club through Regatta Central and pay the dues appropriate for your type of membership. To do so, go to RegattaCentral.com At the top, click on “clubs.” Scroll down and click on “Rondout Rowing Club,” then click on “Memberships.” Select and pay for the type of membership that meets your needs.